• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

in pain ,unhappy and not sure what to do

M

mct

Hi,I'm new to this site and as a person who has always been incredibly scared of the dentists I need some advice. Yesterday I had a lower back tooth taken out.The tooth had a good cap on which had come off about 6 months ago.The tooth had turned black in colour but at the time the dentist said that did not matter.The dentist yesterday said they would try to pull it out but as it was rotten and had cracked it would be hard to do.I was incredibly scared but he said I would be fine.45 minutes of pulling and pushing and alot of pain (even though he gave me 5 numbing injections)the tooth snapped at the full one,he has said he can't do anymore and has referred me to hospital. I have a painful infection in the tooth which he has given me antibiotics for but when I woke up today under my tongue is 2 hugeblood blisters that are really sore,he had put his thumb there continuously when holding my mouth open.Iam taking pain killers for awful pain in my jaw etc,I feel really worried and don't know when I will get my hospital appointment any advice would be lovely.

I've posted the sore area under my tongue

Attachments

• 20190619_110737.jpg
    20190619_110737.jpg
    922.7 KB · Views: 12
Sorry you've had such an awful experience and well done you for sticking it out :)
Unfortunately I can't suggest much to help you here; other than time and painkillers, perhaps a warm salt water rinse will help a bit.

Sorry you've had such an awful experience and well done you for sticking it out :)
Unfortunately I can't suggest much to help you here; other than time and painkillers, perhaps a warm salt water rinse will help a bit.
Thankyou, I'm currently at my GP to get strong painkillers as I'm in agony and my jaw really hurts,I feel battered and bruised and even more wary of dentists! The dentist has referred me to guy's hospital in london, I so hope they can help me!

Back