• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

In pain with partial (flipper)

F

fear-ful

Here it is in an egg shell. I went to the dentist knowing that a few front teeth would need to come out, come to find that the total was 4 bottom ones, So I pondered the thought for a week than the pain started. I made it in for the impressions, the deep cleaning, and the extractions now I have a partial (flipper). It has now been three days and this darn thing is hurting the gum way in the back where the wire wraps around my tooth along with my ear and neck. Last night I notice a white spot in an area that hurts and a deep ridge in my gum where the wire rests. I was hoping to make this partial work for a year or so. I took it out last night and this morning it hurt even more putting it back in. Is this normal? I am calling the dentist first thing tomorrow. should I take it out until I can get to the dentist?

Rose

Your dentist needs to make adjustments to the flipper. I'm not a dental pro, but I do have an upper partial and my partial hurt, too. I HAD to stop wearing it because, like you, it was just TOO painful. Luckiliy, I had a pre-scheduled dentist appointment for later that week. He made some adjustments right there in the office.
Good luck!!

Your dentist needs to make adjustments to the flipper. I'm not a dental pro, but I do have an upper partial and my partial hurt, too. I HAD to stop wearing it because, like you, it was just TOO painful. Luckiliy, I had a pre-scheduled dentist appointment for later that week. He made some adjustments right there in the office.
Good luck!!

How long did you go with it out? how long have you had your partial?
I noticed yesterday that 2 more teeth are loose that were not loose before did that happen to you?

Rose

I had it out for 3 days till I seen the dentist.
Are you fully healed from your extractions? If not, that might be complicating matters with your flipper.
I was 2 years post- extractions before I got my partial so my gums were fully healed.
You definitely need to consult with your dentist.

No, I didn't notice any of my teeth getting loose.

I had it out for 3 days till I seen the dentist.
Are you fully healed from your extractions? If not, that might be complicating matters with your flipper.
I was 2 years post- extractions before I got my partial so my gums were fully healed.
You definitely need to consult with your dentist.

I just had the extractions this past Thursday so that's 3 days ago. I will be in the dentist am tomorrow, if it were not Sunday I would have gone today.

Tomorrow will be a better day.
Thanks Much
Rose

Good luck, Rose! I'm sure your dentist will make adjustments for you and further advise you.
Sorry I couldn't have been more help.
Keep us posted on how your appointment went.
:XXLhug:'s,
Jen

Back