• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Inaccurate records

S

Shrew

Hello does anyone know how I can get my previous dentist to remove and amend some provably inaccurate and false statements that she made in my records? I saw the dentist privately she is now retired but still owns the practice.

I received my records 5 days ago after making a Subject Access Request as I had begun to smell a rat. My rising suspicions about this dentist unfortunately have proved to be correct. I am not happy at all having things that are misleading and provably untrue written about me and my teeth in my medical records by a Health Care Professional. I am actually devastated because I was with this dentist for a decade and put my full trust in her.

I am now receiving help from a tutor at Kings College and it has become clear that her false reporting and turning a blind eye to cover up for her colleague’s negligence led to me being given the wrong treatment which has caused me tremendous harm both dentally and psychologically.

Can anyone advise how I get my records corrected please? I am now mentally far too unwell after a decade of pain and suffering to be bothered with litigation. GDC can’t help me as the dentist has retired. All I want is for my records to be amended so that they represent the facts accurately and truthfully.

Hi, you can find step-by-step instructions for how to go about this here:

Hi, you can find step-by-step instructions for how to go about this here:

Thank you it may sound silly but I am crying with relief that there is a way to get this nasty harmful business taken off my records. Thank you so much for your help ??????

You're very welcome!

Back