• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Infected/Abscessed Root Extraction with CFS/M.E

L

ladywear

Hello (my first post so hope this ok) . I am chronically sick with M.E/CFS therefore highly intolerant to any medications. I have a dental abscess which is linked to a tooth which broke off leaving the root behind (no nerve basically just a dead root). My dentist in view of my hyper sensitivities hasnt given me antibiotics but wishes to remove the source of my infection and do a root extraction asap. I am absolutely petrified, she has told me it will be traumatic and a trauma because I am soooo sensitive to everything. In view of me having an infection will I go numb ? God knows how I will react to the injection although people with M.E are told to leave out the adrenaline. Will the infection/abscess just go away once the source of the infection is removed ? Thank you to anyone who can support

I'm in the exact same boat! Well, kind of. I had Lyme disease which wasn't diagnosed/treated early on and it really messed me up. My original diagnosis was ME /Fibro. Anyway, I'm having two (maybe three) teeth pulled tomorrow under iv sedation. I'm terrified!

well good luck i really hope all goes well for you i am sure it will, i never had a tooth extraction so dont know what to expect, mine is a root and i am soooo scared i cant tell you ! Be brave...all the best , i struggle with drugs cant tolerate medications at all so i am complicated case

Hi I too have m.e CFS. I have chronic gum disease, I think as a result of the CFS! Probably because of being sensitive to drugs, like having an allergy to penicillin made me phobic about everything.
i couldn't take antibotics so left the infection until having the teeth removed. Which I have had plenty out.
yes the teeth do numb up when you have an infection and I have never felt anything when they have been extracted!
Has anyone else had gum disease?

Back