• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Infected tooth

I

Imapparentlyhere

Is it true that an infected tooth can compromise all teeth around it and the dentist may have to pull them? I've had an infected tooth for around 9 months now but there's no pain and the abscess drains itself. Thank you

Hi @Imapparentlyhere - I have the same problem as you - I have had a chronic infection in my left lower second molar for nearly a year. I have been to the dentist and had periodontal treatment in that time and both have said to leave it as it is if not causing any pain (which it isn't) or have it removed. It is unpleasant but not painful (thank goodness) - it oozes pus and a bit of blood from time to time and I can feel when it is 'filling up' which I don't like. but I would rather cope with that than have the tooth removed. Don't believe all the rubbish you read on Google - believe Gordon the dentist - he knows what he is talking about.

Back