• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is very afraid of dentistry or who suffers with dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Infection advice needed. On 9th course of antibiotics.

G

Getoutmymouth

Been in pain for over 3 months. Did 4 lots of abs waiting for a molar rct and surgery for an impacted wisdom tooth.

Wisdom removed a month ago. Got infected did 3 more abs. Got signed off and went back to my dentist regarding the rct which she now says is infected and needs extraction.

That was 2 weeks ago. I’m due extraction Thursday. I’m now on course no 9 of abs and have pus coming from the wisdom tooth site.

I can’t tell what pain is from where. Lymph nodes are swollen and metronidazole is making me feel crap.

How long can I be expected to go round in circles in this pain. Literal abscess pain for over 3 months is like torture. Lost 10kgs from not eating.

M

MumOfBoys1985

@Getoutmymouth can't answer your questions but just wanted to say I'm sorry you're still feeling so unwell and I hope you're soon on the mend

G

Getoutmymouth

@MumOfBoys1985
Thank you. I’m taking sleeping tablets during the day to just get a break from the pain.

My dentist is always so rushed. The last time I went I asked for an X-ray to see where the infection was coming from but nope. They wouldn’t do it.

I keep reading about people getting emergency appointments to be fixed up. I’ve had 5 since this started.

So fed up and upset. It’s inhumane living like this.

J

Jackieallen

Feel for you

G

Getoutmymouth

Thank you. The pain is ever so slightly duller this morning. The tooth that needs extracting is sore, but the lump inside my cheek seems to be the area that is radiating pain.
I had an abscess there from the stitches but they were removed 3 weeks ago and the surgeon discharged 2 weeks ago as it was all looking good.

I see my dentist thurs for the extraction. I Just know she won't touch the abscess. Its so rushed in there. They make you feel like they are doing you a favour fitting you in. I've waited 3 months for the extraction. They managed to move my appt from april 28th to this thursday, but they told me it's only a 20 min appt so it will have to be pulled out fast!