• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Information on NHS phobic dental services

F

fearfullfish

Hi I live in Epsom, Surrey and I am a nervous wreck around dentists and really need one as I haven't been for 8 years, can anyone recommend an NHS dentist that is good with dental phobia in this area?:cry:

Last edited:
Hi fearfullish, you could have a look at our South East section of dentists that have been recommended here on the forum (scroll down towards the bottom on the forum homepage).

Alternatively, if you have a severe phobia, you could ask for a referral to your Special Care Salaried Dental Services. This is an NHS service and you will need a referral, for example from your GP. You can find more information here (and print it out to take along to your GP if you like):

[out-of-date link removed]

The referral acceptance criteria in Surrey include significant dental phobia, and you will be charged normal NHS charges unless you are exempt.

In some areas, there can be long waiting lists, I'm not sure what the situation is like in Surrey, hopefully the wait isn't too bad :).

If anyone else can recommend an NHS dentist in the Epsom Surrey area, please add them to this thread!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back