• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Injections

I can take an injection anywhere but I am still very very fearful of them in my mouth. I breathe so deeply throughout it that my breaths are audible! I have even had an injection in a place that no person would ever want and until a few months ago, I would have taken that over a dental one ?

You are so right about the anticipation though, it feels so good when you find a way to manage that. Well done.

Yes I've never been keen on them I can just about bare a blood test but take a diazepam first if I have one,but that can be kept out of sight+it's only in your arm. I don't see how it can be cured by feb (which is my next appointment) I know people that have done cbt+don't think it would work. I'm on the south coast.
I can tell you from experience that it's worth seeking help for your needle phobia. If we don't face our fears, they will only grow stronger. It was the hardest, but the best thing I ever did. CBT may or may not work, but there are other treatment options out there. I just want you to know there is no shame in having a phobia, but you can be proud of yourself by seeking help. We are pulling for you. Keep us posted.

I didn't say there was a shame in it it's not exactly a thing you have to face everyday or often tho.

Back