• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Instant Implant Question - Nervous

L

lleigh26

Hi

I’m Thinking Of Having An Instant Implant At The Same Time As Extraction As The Tooth Is Part Of My Smile Line..

I Was Just Wondering If You Can Get Dry Socket After An Immediate Implant..?

Any Advice Welcome Please.. Feeling Extremely Nervous Already..

Thank You!! Xx

No you can't. There isn't a socket to get "dry" if you think about it... there's an implant in it :)

Thank You.. I Thought That But When I’ve Been On Websites About Instant Implants.. The Aftercare Said To Be Careful Not To Disturb The Clot.. ?

That's not for dry socket, that's to make sure the implant integrates properly.

Thank You.. I Thought That But When I’ve Been On Websites About Instant Implants.. The Aftercare Said To Be Careful Not To Disturb The Clot.. ?
When I had mine, there was a blood clot right after, but it was covering the stitches. It wasn’t the same thing as a clot that covers the bone in an extraction hole. I was told to rinse the area after 48 hours. Basically don’t disturb the area as you don’t want to mess with the implant, especially right away after placement.

Back