• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Interesting phobia

P

p_g_chris

OK my 'dental phobia' is something I've never heard of before - I'm actually ok with going to the dentist (in general), but you know that sound made when you run your finger along your teeth? That squeak?

Actually this website sums it up in the 'toothpaste phobia' section: "...how they will sound when you can run your finger over your teeth and hear that lovely clean squeak".

Yeah, that sound. Even writing about it now is making me feel awful. It's weird because I have no other phobias in any walks of life. But this is actually strong enough for me to grimace as I remember early childhood events where I've heard the sound, or made it myself. *shudder*.

So - can anybody relate? Or do I get to name this one myself? :confused:

I can relate!

I don't have a 'thing' about the squeak on clean teeth - but here's a mad one: I can't stand belly buttons! If you want to make me homicidal, pick your bellbutton!

Oh man I can't even think about it :hidesbehindsofa:

I've had six babies and hated the umbilical hygiene routine for baby's early days.