• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Intermittent pain and fear.

E

EnzoAmata

I'm getting intermittent pain every day or so, I think it's time to go to the dentist although I can't even go and have him take a look without getting put to sleep. I'm 28 and I don't know if it's my wisdom teeth coming in and maybe I should give it some time and let it pass.

I do need work done as a few of the fillings I got done before have broken, the reason I'm worried about going back is in case my dentist takes an aggressive approach to the treatment I would get as they know I wont be going back for a long time, which I feel was the case in my last two visits.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on this for me?

Yes, you go along to a new dentist of your choice just for a 'meet and greet'. The next visit if you liked them at the first visit, you have a check up and x-rays maybe and discuss a possible treatment plan.
Nothing happens at the first or second visit to scare you away and everything (provided you agree it is necessary) proceeds at your pace in accordance with a written costed treatment plan.
At any time you can decide to discontinue treatment...you are the one in control and the one paying the bill (private or NHS).
Good luck...don't suffer in silence.
Dentistry is elective....

Back