• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is is possible to get rash/infection during crown procedure?

B

blubby10

A year ago, I had root canal and then this year, I went in to get my tooth prepped for the actual crown. After this appointment later on that same day, I developed really itchy, crusty, and dry skin that is symmetrical on my face on both sides.

I was totally fine before the appointment and the weeks following up to it. Also a year ago when I had the root canal with the same exact dentist, I was fine.

I was wondering is it possible that I could have somehow got an infection during the tooth prepping procedure? This is on the back bottom molar and it has a cavity underneath the gum line due to previous wisdom teeth impact, so the dentist had to dig back in the gums in order to create space for the crown to go underneath and cover that cavity. While he was digging in the gums and creating space, the gum around that tooth bled and was hurting several days after the appointment as well. Also I have been having this really sore throat and my tonsil seems swollen.

It has been 5 months now since that appointment and my symmetrical rash/redness that is on my face is still there and while my mucus coughs are over, I still constantly have to clear my throat due to it getting raspy due to I believe mucus buildup.

So my question is, is it possible that I may have caught some type of infection based on the procedure that I described? Has anyone had any experience like this?

Thanks for any information!

No it's not possible. Sorry. Could be some kind of allergic reaction though, what kind of crown was put on?

No it's not possible. Sorry. Could be some kind of allergic reaction though, what kind of crown was put on?

It was a porcelain fused with metal on the bottom. But this rash flared up during the first appointment where I had the temporary crown that was made at the dentist office.

Back