• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is it just a bit of tartar that fell off or should I really worry

E

E93

So, between still having some phobia going on about the dentist and not being able to afford going to the dentist right now (have not even had a stable home for the past year) I have let a bunch of tartar build up in my mouth. I know that this is a thing and i'll eventually fix this, but today i felt something off in my mouth, and as i went and look i noticed a whole bit of where tartar used to be isn't there anymore. The gum near it is also sort of bloody, but I assume that's because i went at it really hard with floss, as i thought something was stuck in there.

I'm gonna attach photos, and I'm mainly asking if it looks just like some tartar fell off, or if i should worry about any cavity and check it immediately? (we are in the process of a real expensive move atm so it would really be a financial strain checking it right now). I'm super anxious and it'd be nice to be reassured if there's a chance that it's just some tartar that fell off...

I can definitelly see the tooth beneath the tartar that fell off so it's not like it's a piece of tooth that fell...

I also don't have any pain or cold/hot sensitivity there? So that's good right?

W6BqttSl.jpg

QHRQPRLl.jpg

Last edited:
I know that I need to get my teeth cleaned and looked at, and i will do it as soon as stuff calms down... I just really need for this to not be bad... I am shaking right now... I don't need more cavities...

Also... and this is a really dumb question... but, aside from the plaque, the yellow color of my teeth is probably enamel erosion right? That's probably never gonna be reversable?

Yes it's just calculus. No, it doesn't look like enamel erosion. Go and get them seen to, dentists are practicing very high levels of cross infection control just now, there's no reason not to go.

@Gordon Yeah, When I'll have the monetary ability to get looked at I will. I do expect that more cavities will pop out which really scares me at the moment (i know that delaying won't make it better, but I'm at least waiting to go when my money situation is more stable)

I figured the yellow is enamel erosion because it doesn't look like staining? Teeth are just sort of yellow and it makes me sad cause I feel it's very... noticeable :\

@Gordon

I figured the yellow is enamel erosion because it doesn't look like staining? Teeth are just sort of yellow and it makes me sad cause I feel it's very... noticeable :\

Not necessarily, canines are a bit more yellow than the rest of the teeth naturally. They've got a lot more dentine which can sort of shine through, so it might be totally normal for your teeth.

Back