• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is it normal for a post to show at the bottom of a tooth and stick out 1mm?

V

viola1234

I had a root canal done about 2 weeks ago and post placed recently. The dentist filled in my tooth and told me I will need a crown at some point. Now the post is sticking 1mm out at the bottom of the filling, when I run my tongue over it I can feel it. I called my dentist and they said it is normal. Is it really normal?

Re: Is it normal for a post to show at the bottom of a tooth and stick out 1mm?

if it a post as in a post and core for a crown the post goes into the root and always stays in the root.

I had a root canal done about 2 weeks ago and post placed recently. The dentist filled in my tooth and told me I will need a crown at some point. Now the post is sticking 1mm out at the bottom of the filling, when I run my tongue over it I can feel it. I called my dentist and they said it is normal. Is it really normal?

It can happen but it is better to cover the tooth with a crown. If not, at least to cover the post with a filling so that it will not stick out.

top or bottom? Big difference

Back