• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

is it normal for bite to feel different after fillings?

Z

zombiegroupie

I've had some fillings in the past month . on July 27 I had 3 fillings in my lower right jaw.

Yesterday I had some fillings in my upper right jaw. My bite feels 'off' not painful but just different.

will this settle down? I've only had the fillings for about 24 hours

I already have a crossbite so I'm unsure of this feelinga fter the fillings

they were composite fillings (white)

The fillings might be a bit high which can make your bite feel off. If its still noticeable after a couple days I'd call back and have your dentist make an adjustment to them.

i have an appointment on wednesday for him to look at them

does it require a shot to have the bite adjusted??

It depends. I had a crown adjusted without a shot but they offered to numb it if I felt any discomfort or if my tooth felt sensitive to the cold water.

Not sure. I had to have my bite adjusted thanks to cold sensitivity issues with one of the fillings I got(still having problems but I just don't see the point in me trying anymore so I decided to just keep cold stuff to a minimum) but the way he did it was did something to the false teeth on my lower partial where it was causing issues.

Back