• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

is it normal to feeling major regret going to the dentist to start my journey?

G

gamergirl123

Former Member
is it normal to feeling major regret going to the dentist to start my journey?

To put an extremely long story short, 5 months ago Saturday(if I'm counting right) I started a journey that's entailed deep cleaning, molds, 2 rounds of extractions, and getting my partils, then 2 fillings plus 3 upper partial adjustments, 2 lowers adjustments and molds and getting new lowers. I currently am stuck in a position of not being able to really eat with partials in and without them in is a hit or miss PLUS I'm dealing with coming and going filling sensitivity problems. I hate the way they look on me since nice teeth plus SME isn't something that really couldn't of been used together in a sentence in years and actually I was fine with that since I'm not into the perfect teeth thing. The reason I had to go through all this instead of waiting to find an i.v. sedation dentist is mom forced me into going through all this crap. Looking back, I would of preferred to hide under the house instead since him miserable over here. Its currently just over 3 months b4 checkup time and honestly I'm currently debating about flushing my appt card, turning my phone off the Friday b4 where they'd call me to remind me about it, and going back to being a dental phob or if I should just go through with it.

Every day that goes by is another day that I'm regretting doing this and I'm trying to figure out this is normal or not. Anyone else go through the same thing as me or are there any good blogs r utube videos out there?

Re: is it normal to feeling major regret going to the dentist to start my journey?

Wow, what a journey :there-there: i can imagine why you're feeling discouraged. If it's just a checkup, I think I would go. Maybe you will feel differently by then as it's so far away. I hope someone who has been through something simlar can be of more comfort/encouragement to you. I wish things will start to look up. I'm sorry you're miserable as of right now

Re: is it normal to feeling major regret going to the dentist to start my journey?

Wow, what a journey :there-there: i can imagine why you're feeling discouraged. If it's just a checkup, I think I would go. Maybe you will feel differently by then as it's so far away. I hope someone who has been through something simlar can be of more comfort/encouragement to you. I wish things will start to look up. I'm sorry you're miserable as of right now

I wish things were looking up. Things still stink bad and its been a little over 13 months since I made the mistake of starting the journey. Regretting things worse then b4.

Didn't do the cleaning due to lack of funds and not wanting to do it and even though I had the funds a few months later, I still didn't do it. At this point, the only motive I have to go in is that if I lose anymore real teeth, I could be stuck wearing the things in public all the time. And at this point I'm barely tolerating one wear session(known as torture days) every eighth day for about 8 hours if I'm lucky. Time b4 last I barely made it to 6 hours and 45 minutes, last time I made it to 8, and the session today i made it to 7 hours and 45 minutes but had been mondo miserable since the 2 hour mark

Oh, and when I said about flushing the card in that first post, I wasn't joking. I literally cut up the card and flushed it

Back