• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is It Safe To Smoke ?

A

Ayeemonaee973

Okay .. I got my tooth pulled number 19 yesterday.. my dentist said when he pulled my tooth out i wasnt bleeding at all ?! Weird right?!! Then the next day i see that my clot is still there .i havent rinsed my mouth out because im terrified that the clot will come out . Im a smoker but i havent smoked since 2 days ago way before the process..when will i be able to smoke again without the socket drying up is it 48 hrs after or 72 !?

Do not smoke for least 72 hours after the extraction. Trust me, as I am speaking from experience. You do NOT want dry socket. No cigarette is worth that pain!

Okay so today makes 4 days since i got my molar #19 extracted ! Im seeing this white kinda looking stuff inside my extraction socket . I know for a fact it isnt dry socket because it doesnt hurt at all . Matter of fact i havent had any pain since the surgery on Wednesday. But my question is am i able to smoke and eat regular now ? Should i be worried about the white tissue around and in my socket ? Any and all advice would help me .. thanks soo much

Call your dentist/ oral surgeon that did the procedure to verify with them.

The white stuff is most likely granulation tissue, if you are not having pain. Mine turned grayish, then whitish and stayed that way for about a week. I was told I could chew on that side, with soft foods after 5 days. I am not a smoker but on the oral aftercare sheet I was given, it said it was best not to smoke for at least a week, but was okay after 72 hours. I am guessing when the risk of dry socket is past.

The white stuff is most likely granulation tissue, if you are not having pain. Mine turned grayish, then whitish and stayed that way for about a week. I was told I could chew on that side, with soft foods after 5 days. I am not a smoker but on the oral aftercare sheet I was given, it said it was best not to smoke for at least a week, but was okay after 72 hours. I am guessing when the risk of dry socket is past.
Thank you very much . I think im past the dry socket part ! Just seeing the color is grossing me out ! Lol

Thank you very much . I think im past the dry socket part ! Just seeing the color is grossing me out ! Lol
Oh yes, it looks disgusting, doesn't it? I thought the same thing!

Back