• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is my tooth falling out

H

Hannahc0521

I was diagnosed with bruxism months ago as my teeth were in pain, cause alot of gum recession in my lower front teeth.

One of the very front teeth out of nowhere is hurting today. Super sensitive, cant touch it with my tongue. With recession is pretty bad behind the tooth so I'm afraid if I eat or something I will knock it out.

I cant see the dentist until next Saturday. I've been wearing my mouthguard, but this tooth is really scaring me. I'm icing my mouth rn idk what to do

I am not a dentist, but I had an issue with my tooth second from front on top doing the same thing. I clench my teeth at night. It got so bad that just touching the tooth with my tongue was very painful and it hurt constantly. My dentist said the tooth was fine and x rays showed nothing wrong. I was very concerned because the tooth next to it (front tooth) had an abscess from a childhood injury and first the dentist was concerned the second tooth had also been damaged and was also just now showing up.
Turns out that I was hitting high on that tooth because I was avoiding hitting the abscessed tooth. My mouth guard was adjusted and I stopped “testing” it and it stopped hurting.

He tested my jaw though to see what teeth were bitting hit and because of my cross bite and it's those teeth :(

He tested my jaw though to see what teeth were bitting hit and because of my cross bite and it's those teeth :(
Are you saying the ones that hurt are the ones hitting first? That would explain the pain.

Back