• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is there a difference between extracted root canal tooth and extracted normal tooth?

T

toraflora

I was in a position where I was debating between getting a root canal or an extraction. 2 years after getting the root canal done, I am still considering getting it extracted to avoid future problems.

Is there a difference in the end result of having a root canal tooth extracted and having a normal tooth extracted? As in, would the extracted root canal site be more prone to infection, missing nerves, etc? I know that root canal removes the pulp and nerves of the extracted tooth but am unsure if the end result of getting a root canal tooth extracted is the same as getting a normal tooth extracted.

Thanks!

Nope. Potentially a slightly more tricky extraction for the RCT'ed tooth but the healing etc is the same.

Back