• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is there hope

A

AnxiousAnne

Diagnosed with: PTSD, Anxiety & OCD

I attended the dentist today (after 7 years), and had plaque/tarter removed. I go to the hygienist tomorrow for a full cleaning.

my brain is mush thanks to the anxiety so I just want to ask, is this a good result?

the teeth are healthy below the tartar, and I have no cavities at all. I have no pain or sensitivity, even after having my teeth partially cleaned today. My gums are red and bleed, which I know needs to be fixed, but that’s really the only issue my dentist brought up.

does this mean my teeth are somewhat healthy?Is there hope that they can be fine after being cleaned properly and maintained?

I think the 'no cavities at all' part of your message says it all. Great job getting things taken care of. I know how hard it is just to get through the door of a dentist. I hope things continue to look good for you.