• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is this a normal healing process?

D

darkdayz

Hi! So it's been exactly one week since I got my wisdom teeth out. I got the two bottom ones extracted. On the left side, it is almost completely healed because there is a thin layer of skin covering it and no food can get inside it because the hole is basically gone. However, on the right side, theres a wide open hole and there's a little bit of greenish stuff inside. I try to wash it out with the syringe my dentist gave me, but it's not coming out. I'm not quite sure if it's something normal. Theres also pain only on the right side. Is this something that happens? Also, I can't open my jaw all the way. It doesn't hurt when I try to open my jaw. It just literally cannot open up anymore! I can't even eat a hamburger, burrito, or sandwich because my mouth won't open wide enough. Is this going to be permenant now?

Wow good for you for healing so quickly! :o

How funny. My right side also had a hole that was open as well. :giggle: And it was for quite a while...

Im not sure if green stuff is normal..? I personally never looked at my holes I just syringed them if I felt like food got stuck in them. Maybe you should go back to the dentist. :x

Its also normal for you to still have pain and the jaw issue should go away overtime. Its still only been just a week you pretty much need a month or two to fully feel normal again. Your mouth is going to feel a bit sore. Try maybe doing some jaw exercises by opening it slightly every now and then. Ibuprofen or advil is your best friend for pain.

I never had issues with my jaw my main issue has been fear of eating and chewing cuz everything still kinda feels funny for me. I had all 4 taken out boy has it been a process. :rolleyes:

Hope you feel better </3

Back