• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is this healing properly?

S

spamvicious

On Monday I had a molar extracted that had previously had a root canal and was broken to the gum line. I was referred to a different dentist as mine didn’t feel confident taking the tooth out.

I was sedated but woke up several times to tell them to stop as it was so painful but they carried on. When I came round they told me it was painful because the tooth was badly infected. I had seen him for a consultation the previous week and he looked in my mouth for one second and said “ok”.

The X-ray they had was from my normal dentist and was a year out of date and showed the old filling and tooth. I’m on my third day and still in pain. I wasn’t given any antibiotics by the dentist. Do I need any?

There were two lumps in between the extracted tooth and the gold crown which have now turned into grey/green matter.

Attachments

• FB8C514F-6661-468A-AE54-165E56795DD4.jpeg
    FB8C514F-6661-468A-AE54-165E56795DD4.jpeg
    957.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 5ADF76CD-852A-4AFD-9C09-90F80B5886C7.jpeg
    5ADF76CD-852A-4AFD-9C09-90F80B5886C7.jpeg
    982.2 KB · Views: 13
If you're still in pain, go and get it looked at. It could be a dry socket, it fits the main risk factors, difficult extraction, lower molar.

If you're still in pain, go and get it looked at. It could be a dry socket, it fits the main risk factors, difficult extraction, lower molar.
Well the problem is that my normal dentist isn’t seeing anyone at all. In the past they have just sent prescriptions for antibiotics for this tooth. So I don’t know if I am still under the care of the dentist who performed the extraction as they were just a referral.

Start by ringing the guy who did the extraction then and see how it goes from there? Assuming it's not got better now?

Back