Is this infection after tooth extraction dangerous ? Please help :(

Milla85

Milla85

Good evening,

16 days ago, I had a difficult surgery of an 80% impacted premolar that was trying to grow on the palate side of the gym, stuck to the teeth close by. I was at the hospital and the surgeon needed 2 hours for the extraction. He detached the gum from the teeth close to one in question and partially detached the gum from my
Palate. I went there 2 days ago, and I told him I have pain in parts of my gums, like infected. He removed the dissolvable stitches (that didn’t actually dissolved), some blood came out and stoped. He said I should stop the antibiotics and go home. Now since 2 days my gums are still swollen (not extremely bit a little and the color is still dark red/purple), and I still have pain (actually more now after removing the stitches). It feels like a typical gum infection like the ones I had before in my life for other reasons (I take real care of my teeth). When I swallow , it feels like the pressure of my tongue pull the gum/palate down like suction, it hurts a little and it’s weird! I am scared, because 16 days later I think I should not feel like this I guess . And, it can’t possibly be normal that my gums are infected and In pain, and he tells me to go home with no medication, not even the antibiotics! I am still eating with a seringue to always keep everything clean, and I still do the chlorhexidine mouth wash twice a day. I am scared this infection will grow. Can it go away alone? I don’t understand why they feel infected, I did all I could for this not to happen. Am I the exception? Is it there a medication for this ? What should I do? There is also some missing gum between the 2 theeth, I am scared the gum will remain damaged like this. But mainly help me about the gum infection. Please! 😥

sorry for my bad English, my first language is actually french

thank you

Attachments

• 94F87E31-4E7B-4401-AC62-D7D2B76BFB05.jpeg
    94F87E31-4E7B-4401-AC62-D7D2B76BFB05.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 58D988C8-25FE-4A2B-B4D4-4694EF5B4B11.jpeg
    58D988C8-25FE-4A2B-B4D4-4694EF5B4B11.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 18
Milla85

Milla85

I also realize that part of
My gum is missing. Did he damaged my tooth forever ? Will I need a transplant ? 😭

Attachments

• D2724AEA-CCD2-40BD-A8A2-4A4A8F653F35.jpeg
    D2724AEA-CCD2-40BD-A8A2-4A4A8F653F35.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 7
S

Scaredbutready

I’m not a dentist but just wanted to offer support. I’m sure it’s all you can think about. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I have had extractions and they do look pretty funky while healing but 16 days does seem quite long. id say if the pain or swelling gets any worse give a call back. Wish I knew more. Keep us posted. Best of luck

Milla85

Milla85

Thanks so much for caring. I live far from my family and spend most of the time alone. I also worry about this alone, because I don’t like disturbing people with my problems. It’s nice to read a kind word. I hope a dentist might come by and let me know if in bad sheets . 😰

G

geos

If your dentist asked you to stop the antibiotics, he seems to think you don’t have an infection. It sounds to me that you don’t trust your dentist. It might be time to find a new dentist and get a second opinion, if you still wish to get piece of mind.

Milla85

Milla85

Thanks for your answer. I though were is pain (specially when is red and swollen), there is infection. But I don’t know what Is the best way to proceed in this cases , and that’s why I hope a dentist see this post and gives me a second opinion.
I wish you a nice evening :)

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Bonjour Milla, comment ca va? (sorry can't do the accents with this English keyboard).

Anyway, your English is much better than my French.

Don't worry too much about this, the area is healing OK, you don't have an infection, the redness and pain is just the tissues trying to heal up after the surgery. The gum will eventually fill back in as the bone re-grows into the area. You've got a pretty substantial hole there, it'll take some time to heal.

Alors, ce n'est pas un grand problème, tout va bien aller (it's been a long time since I spoke any French, hope Mrs Ramage isn't reading this!)

Milla85

Milla85

Merci merci Dr.!
c'est très gentil de votre part de m'avoir répondu 😊

I will continue to be careful and wait as advised. Thank you so much for your answer!🌸

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
De rien. C'était mon plaisir de vous aider un peut.

Milla85

Milla85

Hello again Dr. ,

I am really sorry to bother you again, but today some parts of the gums are more swollen and painful than yesterday. I thought it should go slowly down and not back up. What do you think?

sorry, I will not keep bothering you everyday with this, is just because is the first time since surgery that a place that was good became bad again.

merci 🌷

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
It will probably come and go a little bit as the healing process continues. As long as there is no bad taste coming from the socket, it will be OK.
You're welcome to ask questions here whenever you want, that's the whole point of this site.