• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

Is this normal for how sutures come out? And Other Healing Questions

P

Pangeona14

Day 5, No Major issues, Scattered incidents of slight bleeding seeping out of cut lines, the suture excess (2 threads) became soggy, and became a single soggy bit of suture, No Open holes leading to the sockets (all ways possible weak spots seem to be sealed very well), Left suture seems to be coming out with no evidence of bleeding.

Is it normal for the sutures to be threaded back out then completely fall or what?
Is it common to be in the last stage of healing in less than a week of the surgery?
And, Was I needing to worry about the microscopic and easy to stop blood seepeges?

(Thread Fell out at 4:16 Pm today No bleeding of any type followed)

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Oh goody, I love nice clear questions like this :)

Yes
Yes, oral tissues heal very fast, thanks to a great blood supply which leads onto Q3...
No

P

Pangeona14

Ok.
Wow.
Great to know it wasn't leading to Dry Socket(I Bypassed Alveolar Osteitis period with no trouble)

Also Thank You for editing my post, I have a hard time not being detailed when I talk about medical issues that's Asperger's Syndrome for you.