• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is this normal?

N

Newmomma17

I had my wisdom teeth removed 10 days ago. I went back to the dentist on day 5 cause of the pain and odor. The oral surgeon rotating in that office that week said everything was fine and to come back in a few days if the problem persists. I returned again on day 9 and saw my regular dentist who irrigated and packed my bottom socket with this dissolvable strip. Now today I have developed sores on my gums. Its isolated to the side of where my teeth were removed. I have an allergy to colophony also known as rosin. They know of this. So my question is, is it normal to develope sores? Does the dissolvable strips contain colophony?

Slight trauma to your gums can trigger gum sores. So yeah, your last dentist visit could have triggered the sores.

I’m not a doctor, but I would hope that if they have on file the information that you are allergic to colophony, they would be extra careful to not use any product containing some.

Back