• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is this normal?

B

Blondey209

Posting again as im still riddled with sadness and anxiety and recieved no reply on last post. ?

After 4 months of constant teeth issues and trauma.. im waiting on 1 final problem to be sorted.. just looking for any advice or hoping at least 1 other person has had similar experience.

My back upper molar had 2 separate fillings in it as a child. 1 month ago i had the fillings replaced... the dentist left a margin creating more pain.

New dentist fixed margin and bite. After 2 weeks achy in tooth then random pains.
Dentist re did the whole filling (4th time filled) to which still sensitivity and pain on pressure occurred.

Jump to now tooth has fuji filling (glass type material ) and a metal band around it as dentist thinks i have cracked tooth syndrome as there was no visable cracks to the eye or to xrays. Im trying absolutely everything to avoid a root canal (traumatized by 2 failed rct ) and cannot lose this tooth or ill only have 1 left on that side.

Its been 2 weeks not eating on that tooth or side.. now im attempting soft foods. It doesnt feel 100% at all. Ive been told in 2 months if all is well ill havw band removed and crown placed.

Question is.. do teeth get stronger? The band has fixed the sensitivity to cold 100% . Which is a good sign.. but im terrified eating wont ever be ok.. and that will mean ill lose the tooth. Im a mess.. im wearing a dental night guard now from the stress i clench. Please anyone had something similar...

Thank u so much for reading means alot ??

Hi @Blondey209,

Sorry to hear you last post got no replies, I think sometimes things get missed and I’m sorry about that. Im
Not a dentist or dental professional so can not answer the dentistry related question. But hopefully that will be answered by someone who can in due course.

I can see why it’s making you anxious as it can be hard waiting for things to improve.

Im here for support if it’s of help to you until a response may offer the more practical advice or similar experiences.

Hi @Blondey209,

Sorry to hear you last post got no replies, I think sometimes things get missed and I’m sorry about that. Im
Not a dentist or dental professional so can not answer the dentistry related question. But hopefully that will be answered by someone who can in due course.

I can see why it’s making you anxious as it can be hard waiting for things to improve.

Im here for support if it’s of help to you until a response may offer the more practical advice or similar experiences.
Aw thank you so much that means alot to me ❤.

I didn't see your first post. Sorry about that.
It's not an easy one to answer, especially not seeing you, if it's no longer sensitive to cold then at least it's properly sealed up now, so it should continue to improve.

A short answer is that if it's OK to eat on now then crowning it will probably fix the problem once and for all.

I didn't see your first post. Sorry about that.
It's not an easy one to answer, especially not seeing you, if it's no longer sensitive to cold then at least it's properly sealed up now, so it should continue to improve.

A short answer is that if it's OK to eat on now then crowning it will probably fix the problem once and for all.
Thank you so much Gordon I really appreciate your reply.

Im trying my best to be patient, I wish it could be crowned now but dentist has said we need to wait longer to ensure the nerve has completely settled before doing the crown prep/temp crown.

sorry to ask another question but do you think I should keep testing it and attempting to eat on it or should I just baby it and leave that side until the crown ect.
im finding the other side is getting achy from taking the full brunt of chewing.

‘thank you again

Get on with eating on it, otherwise you'll never be sure it's OK before the crown gets done :) Just build it up gradually, don't go cracking walnuts at first!

Get on with eating on it, otherwise you'll never be sure it's OK before the crown gets done :) Just build it up gradually, don't go cracking walnuts at first!
Haha definitely won’t be touching nuts any time soon. i will keep slowly eating on it.
‘’Thank you again for help

Back