• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is this normal?

T

tazey

My temps were put in last week but they were way to big+caused problems so had to be taken out the next day (which wasn't easy),is this what they should look like+do they normally look so plastic? also should there be plastic on the roof of your mouth? I've had many comments on how awful they look (which is nothing that I wasn't already thinking) my next appointment is in 2wks I've obviously said they need to be smaller but it doesn't give me hope for the finals. Would love to know what other dentists think? I'm in the UK.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1631731289409.jpg
    FB_IMG_1631731289409.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 8
  • FB_IMG_1631731293898.jpg
    FB_IMG_1631731293898.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
The second photo was me trying to close my mouth but the lips wouldn't meet (not normal).

So just my question that gets ignored then. ?

I got called away to do something else and forgot about you.

They're temps. They're a rough starting point which can be adjusted fairly easily. The idea is to work through things to get the best permanent restoration possible.

I have no idea if there should be something covering your palate or not, depends on whether it's planned to be an overdenture or fully implant retained.

Ok,its ment to be a fixed bridge. I'm not sure why I'd have to have it on the temps tho if that's not how the finals will be.

Back