• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Issues seeing clots

• Thread starter Scootsmagoots86
  • Start date
S

Scootsmagoots86

Hey folks,

I was just wondering if anyone else had any issues seeing the clots in the sockets post extraction? I’m on day 2 of recovery and while I can see the pits in the top two teeth I can’t see inside them. For my bottom two extracted teeth all I see are stitches over skin but no actual holes. It makes it a little difficult to use the syringe to clean out the bottom teeth so what I’m doing is just squirting as much salt water around the stitches and below them near the back molar in hopes that this is cleaning it out.

Basically im wondering if anyone has the same issue and might have some advice or if I’m doing alright so far.
Also the nurse told me I could go back to normal foods minus anything hard like chips etc so I tried eating some left overs we had in the fridge and now my wounds are kind of sore again. Is this normal that they are sore after eating/cleaning with salt water?

I just want to make sure I’m doing everything right.

Thanks
scott

Hi Scootsmagoots,

I would say that every body is different and everyone recovers differently. Try not to worry about how thing look or if you see something and just follow the instructions - if not being able to see the clot was a bad thing, it would be included in the instructions from your dentist, which it probably wasn't. What you do with the syringe sounds ok to me. If eating of solid foods doesn't feel good yet, it might be a good idea to slow down with it a bit.

All the best wishes

Back