• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Issues since extraction...advice much needed

dariachick

dariachick

Last Wednesday i had an emergency extraction on my upper right side. Since then it seems all the teeth on my right side are hurting :( and if they are not hurting i have a headache epicentered at the place i lost the tooth....
I have another appointment for a cleaning/followup on the 24th... should i try to make an appt before that.... the pain does seem to subside with tylenol and ibuprofen...
the dentist also perscribed a chlorhexidine-gluconate mouthwash... I wash just thinking could this cause the extra sensitivity???
Thanks very much for your help. As I really really appreciate this forum :)

your extraction was March 26? or two days ago?? (i'm reaaaaaally tired, so I can't figure it out ;D

Anyway - I do recall general soreness, mild headaches, and neighboring teeth hurting for the week/10 days after my two extractions.. It may be normal, and will subside, but if it were me, I would request a follow-up earlier than the end of this month.. that's too long to wait for help, IMO.....:grouphug:

Back