• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

It’s finally time

I actually can not wait to go to my next appointment cause I’ve had tooth aches the left side my mouth all week and it’s driving me nuts

Hope you can be relieved from all your toothaches soon, sounds like you are doing really good in your journey conquering your fears!

Hope you can be relieved from all your toothaches soon, sounds like you are doing really good in your journey conquering your fears!
Thank you I’m trying to just take it one day at a time

You know as I’m sitting outside by my pool listening to music and trying to relax I actually am kind of excited for my next dentist appointment it’s really rare to say that but I feel really comfortable going

Hi Mikey

It’s brilliant that you feel that way well done on everything you have achieved so far hope everything continues to go well for you

Caz x

Hi Mikey

It’s brilliant that you feel that way well done on everything you have achieved so far hope everything continues to go well for you

Caz x
Thank you 😊 don’t get me wrong I am still very much nervous about going but I don’t think that will ever go away

You see this is where my anxiety and my overthinking comes in to play because it’s not that I am scared of the next appointment but I am very very nervous and I can’t seem to bring my nerves down to a point where I feel OK I guess it’s just that I’ve never had that many teeth pulled at once so I’m really anxious about it

Congratulations on having come this far, @mikey boy :you-rock:

Maybe you could split it up into 2 appointments and deal with the painful left side first? Might be worth discussing with your dentist what they would recommend, as each situation is unique :).

Congratulations on having come this far, @mikey boy :you-rock:

Maybe you could split it up into 2 appointments and deal with the painful left side first? Might be worth discussing with your dentist what they would recommend, as each situation is unique :).
Thanks I really appreciate that I think I’m going to get the other six done in a row though because someone mentioned something that made sense to me the other day because after I’m done with this appointment I’m probably going to move on to the deep cleanings what time excited to get those done so I’m just going to dive in headfirst into the deep end and get it done

As long as your dentist agrees that it's a reasonable plan of action, and you've discussed it with them, that sounds fine 👍. Never hurts though to ask your dentist what they would do if it was their own mouth, and why (because they have actually seen you and know exactly what is going on in your particular situation)!

As long as your dentist agrees that it's a reasonable plan of action, and you've discussed it with them, that sounds fine 👍. Never hurts though to ask your dentist what they would do if it was their own mouth, and why (because they have actually seen you and know exactly what is going on in your particular situation)!
That’s a good point I might call them on Monday and just see what they think

Well everything is set and ready to go for Monday morning at 10 AM I’m really nervous but I’m also excited to get it over with my brother tells me that everything after the extractions it’s easy so I hope he’s right

You are going to do great! I do understand the nervousness but believe me when I say that part is 100 times worse than the procedure! Let us know how things go. I will be thinking of you at 10:00.

Hi Mikey. Just read your story, and it is such a great accomplishment! I can't imagine how good the relief will feel when you finally reach the finish line! I just started my own process of dealing with my fear after almost 20 years of avoiding the dentist.

Looking forward to hearing how the rest of the story goes, but you should feel so proud of yourself for how far you've come already!

Sending positive vibes for your next appt!

Hi Mikey. Just read your story, and it is such a great accomplishment! I can't imagine how good the relief will feel when you finally reach the finish line! I just started my own process of dealing with my fear after almost 20 years of avoiding the dentist.

Looking forward to hearing how the rest of the story goes, but you should feel so proud of yourself for how far you've come already!

Sending positive vibes for your next appt!
Thank you I really appreciate it I will keep everyone updated every step of the way I think I’m about as ready for tomorrow as I’m gonna be I know I’m ready to face it so

Good luck ...will all be done soon

@mikey boy good luck today! You’ve got this! Hoping recovery is smooth and uneventful for you!

Thinking of you today!

Back