• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

It all changes tomorrow - Eekkkk

Ah..... welll today I went and had my crown fitted. Last time I went she took impressions for the partial dentures.

All did not go as planned. She had the normal partial dentures made for me, not the semi flexible ones, she presumed as I was going to save and have implants done, that I didn't want to pay out the £800 for a temporary solution.

As for the extractions, she said she wants to leave the roots in place as they are not causing me any issues and it's good to support the partial dentures ??

So I've got the bottom partial dentures just for two teeth on each side, and a big plate on the roof of my mouth for the one tooth that I lost and one tooth I had removed as a youngester that I didn't realise she was looking to replace.

I am lisping like a trooper. They look really good. I just wasn't expecting this much plastic in my mouth!! I mean it hasn't cost me anything but the £256 for the crown so I'm really grateful, but there's a lot of plastic in my mouth ?.

Anyone know if for a single tooth you always have to have the plate on the roof of your mouth?

I keep talking to myself out loud trying to stop the lisp but I'm failing miserably! I haven't told anyone re the dentures apart from on here!

Thanks
Burntwood xx

Burntwood smiles.

First off really great job going and getting this situated. With the last minute changes and all the things you weren't quite expecting. That is alot to take in both mentally and physically getting used to things. When do you get your crown? I hope this all comes together where you will really feel good about everything and enjoy a new smile . You seem you are doing amazing with all this!! :thumbsup!:

I had it done today, it looks really good, bit fatter than my original tooth but loads better. My smile is so improved, on the surface anyway!! Inside is a bit of a car crash I feel ??

:thumbsup!::welldone: So glad it looks great and you feel good about it! :) It always takes a bit of time to get used to but really glad how it turned out to look great!

Your positivity is inspiring and I'm sure you feel such relief in having a plan of action! Taking that first step is always the hardest and now that you have found a dentist that you trust, you are well on your way to a healthy mouth :) cudos to you!!!

Well done.

You are doing everything you should be doing.

Keep it up. Keep us posted. You're going to make it.

Back