• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

It took me 10 years to get to the dentist.

C

clairew

Yesterday i had my first appointment in 10 years. Im not sure of the dentist and i was hoping to come away with what i need doing but no. I have to go to the dental hospital fo r xray due to the decline of my gums. Wait another 3 weeks then go back and sit and finf out what i need to have done. I had totally got myself through that surgery on the hope i would kbow what needed doing and now i have to go through it all again. I feel sick.

Hang in there ClaireW, I avoided the dentist for 20 years and then when I finally got the courage to make an appointment the next available appointment was 6 weeks away! I was totally crushed and the wait was agonising but I got there. All I can suggest is that you keep busy meantime and you will be ok, you have already taken the biggest step so sit back a moment give yourself and pat on the back for coming this far.

Back