• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

It's Finally Over

M

mmspinel

Today, as most of you all know, I got my wisdom teeth removed. When I woke up I was a nervous wreck. My surgery was at 8:10 and they took me back right away. When I got back there, I started balling :(. The nurse said she would take care of me and took me to the room. The room looked like some mad scientist lab with a bunch of shots tools, and sinks. The lady tied a rubber band to my are and started to flick my hand so it would numb for the IV. I barely felt the IV, it was great. Then the dentist came in, stuck the sleepy medicine with the IV and said goodnight. 20 minutes later I was in the recovery room slowly waking up. The surgery felt like just a minute and I kept asking what time it was and if it was over. Wow! IV sedation is great. My mom told me that there was a video camera in the recovery room and I said "The Dentist is a Jackass" REALLY LOUD.... oops! Then we went home with some Perklasets and I have slept mostly the the whole day. Although it is achey I am keeping ice on it and gauze in my mouth to control the blood. I think the worst part of it all was the anticipation it self. If I had to give one piece of advice, I would schedule the appt. ASAP because there will be no time to worry about the surgery and it will be over before you know it. There is no reason to dwell on it and you want to get it out of the way so it won't interfere with your life. I'm so thankful it is over and if I can do it, it is a piece of cake for everyone!:jump:

Yay, mmspinel, great job. :jump:Well said about not waiting to schedule. So much better to get it done and move happily on. :)

Mona

If I had to give one piece of advice, I would schedule the appt. ASAP because there will be no time to worry about the surgery and it will be over before you know it. There is no reason to dwell on it and you want to get it out of the way so it won't interfere with your life. I'm so thankful it is over and if I can do it, it is a piece of cake for everyone!:jump:

Great advice mmspinel! Thanks for another fantastic success story. Each one of these makes me feel a teeny tiny bit more relaxed about the procedure. How long did you have to wait for your surgery? I have a feeling I'm going to be waiting a very long time (a number of months), as oral surgeons seem to be very busy in Australia, but at least I have made the first step of booking a consultation.

Well done IV sedation rocks :jump::yay:

its amazing what that can do

WAT TO GO!!!!:jump::jump::jump:

And yes I absolutely agree that the sooner, the better is easier to deal with emotionally. My surgery had to be moved up because one tooth was going bad and needed out ASAP and while that really scared me at the time, I am so glad its over!

Back