• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

IV Sedation--Amazing!

W

wml24

Hi everyone.

Well, IV sedation is indeed wonderful! I had a very large bottom molar extracted this afternoon and was totally unaware of the whole procedure. One minute the nurse and I were discussing Downton Abbey, and the next thing I knew, she was unhooking me and telling me everything went fine. I don't even remember feeling drowsy or dozing off. Fantastic! I wasn't at all dizzy or confused when I "woke up"; in fact, I felt as if I could have driven myself home. Just took it easy for a couple of hours watching TV, and it's not even hurting. Very thankful it's over though.

So if anyone is debating whether or not to have IV sedation ... go for it! You will not regret it.

:):jump:

Hi everyone.

Well, IV sedation is indeed wonderful! I had a very large bottom molar extracted this afternoon and was totally unaware of the whole procedure. One minute the nurse and I were discussing Downton Abbey, and the next thing I knew, she was unhooking me and telling me everything went fine. I don't even remember feeling drowsy or dozing off. Fantastic! I wasn't at all dizzy or confused when I "woke up"; in fact, I felt as if I could have driven myself home. Just took it easy for a couple of hours watching TV, and it's not even hurting. Very thankful it's over though.

So if anyone is debating whether or not to have IV sedation ... go for it! You will not regret it.

:):jump:

First off, I'm so happy for you with the successful extraction. I hope the aftermath isn't too painful. Mine still is.:censored:

Secondly, I agree about IV sedation. I had it five days ago when I was getting my four wisdom teeth out. It did not hurt at all and it got me through the procedure famously. In fact I think it cured my needle phobia. For me that's a double bonus!;D

Back