• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

IV sedation and snoring!

W

wiltshiremummy

Hi!

I am due to have a back molar extracted under IV Sedation on Monday ... and my helpful husband has asked me if I told the dentist (at my initial consultation) that I snore .. a lot, apparently! My children then piped up that if I fall asleep (sitting up) on the sofa, I snore - but apparently I am quiet for a bit and then sort of 'snort'! Bless them all for sharing my blushes!! Of course, now the dentist is shut and I can't advise them in advance of Monday morning's appointment - so now I'm worrying incase they say I can't have the sedation. So, does anyone know if this is a big issue?! Thank you so much!

T

Thecatsmother

Hello - apparently I snore too - pretty loudly at times! - and I was just fine. xx

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Hi wiltshriemummy,

You need to let your dentist know about this. The symptoms you're describing sound like sleep apnoea. It's really quite important to see your GP and get tested, as sleep apnoea can really impact on your overall health if it's left untreated for too long (the usual treatment for moderate and severe sleep apnoea is a CPAP device which you use during your sleep to keep the airway open).

But I don't think it would prevent you from having IV sedation if you are otherwise in good health, provided your dentist feels comfortable with it.

Do you have his email address?

T

Thecatsmother

Please let us know how you get on. Good luck x

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Best of luck for today :grouphug: !!