• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

IV sedation for crown

P

Peppa

I’m desperately trying to find a dentist that will do cerec under IV sedation. My current dentist does traditional crowns but my whole dental phobia stems from a bad experience having an impression taken and if technology has moved on to 3D scans then I definitely want that!
I’ve been ringing around this morning and anywhere near me that does cerec will not do sedation.
I just don’t know where to turn now. Have any dentists done this?

Well, yes, I have, many times, but that's not much use to you is it?

Whereabouts in the world are you for starters?

I will travel! Lol I’m in NI.

I think Mike Gow on here will likely do it, his practice has the CEREC expertise and he does IV... if you're up for a trip to Glasgow?

Oh you’ve made me day! That sounds perfect. I’ll get in touch on Monday. Thank you.

Hi Peppa, I’m down in Navan, County Meath. We use cerec restorations and I find it hugely useful for people with dental anxiety/ phobia to be able to restore the tooth from start to finish in a couple of hours. If we can help just me know.

Equally, Mike Gow is fantastic and Glasgow is indeed worth a trip!

Should have mentioned, I use IV sedation too ?

Back