• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

IV sedation; I did it!! (full mouth debriment and fillings)

K

KayteeArtist

Yesterday was the big day I've been waiting for since August and to say I was terrified would be a complete understatement!
I had a dodgy stomach due to the anxiety and coupled with a 30 minuets train ride and a 30 minute bus ride; by the time I got there I was nearly in tears with a very very sore behind ??

i got into the room and began chucking a million questions at the poor man and dentist. The lovely assistant held my hand and my dad was scowling me for all the questions I was asking along with nearly being in tears. It took a few attempts to get the IV in as it was terribly cold and I did amazing seeing as I'm petrified of needles haha. Eventually they got it in and the last thing I remember was the dentist saying 'this is the last memory you'll have' and it actually is! Haha.

I have no memory of leaving he facility. No memory of the 50 minute drive home and the next memory is me sitting at the kitchen table eating a muffin giggling hysterically because I felt rebellious at eating haha. I woke up this morning with a very sore jaw which has eased with pain killers and now I'm feeling okay! A tender mouth and still quite tired and a bit ditsy. I went in for two fillings and a full mouth debriment. I've attached before and afters. The first picture was from August when I was referred and the second was taken today.

Im now saving up for a gum graft to cover the root at the front of my mouth and also for behind the teeth as they have badly receded. But it feels wonderful being on the way to full dental health and take it from someone who was in tears I was so terrified. It was the easiest thing ever!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 37
That IV sedation sure is something! One the times I wasn't even aware of when I went out. I actually caught my after surgery goofiness on camera.

Back