• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Iv sedation is amazing!

A

AnnieHarding

Hi everyone!

As a few of you know, I had three teeth extracted today and was anxious as all heck. Well, I'm pleased to say that I am writing this now sitting in my cosy bed with a bowl of icecream and watching a movie!

The IV sedation was absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend it to anybody! My swelling has already gone down!

:cheer:

So glad it went well for you! :jump: Hope you have an swift and easy recovery.

Brilliant stuff, isn't it? Wishing you a speedy recovery! :jump:

Completely agree! A week ago today I had many extractions, (all of the teeth I had left, actually) to be fitted with dentures. I was terrified at the prospect of being aware of it while it was happening, I'd had 'laughing gas' before and knew that it wouldn't do, I'd really have to be completely unaware and without any memory of the procedure, not because I was frightened by the prospect of extractions, but because there were so many.

Everything my dentist promised was absolutely true, I had not a trace of a memory of the surgery - and beyond that, I didn't experience any after-effects, like nausea, at all. Recovering brilliantly (from the extractions...the dentures are another story).

Anyone experiencing profound fear of having work done might want to give serious thought to IV sedation even if it's a relatively brief procedure, it might get you over the hurdle of that first appointment. I know that I could never have gone through those extractions otherwise, and if it makes the difference between getting much-needed care, or suffering on, it's something one might want to look into.

Back