• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Iv Sedation Tomorrow, so nervous!

J

JJ08

I'm booked in for IV sedation tomorrow after many attempts to get a few fillings and an extraction at my dentist. I had panic attacks even before walking through the door of my dentist.

I've never had IV sedation before and was just wondering how it is? I'm so scared. :/ Will I know what's going on? What are your experiences?

I'll be grateful for any help :)

i will be thinking of you !!!
i have had iv sedation twice - both times a huge success - no pain, no memory, no awareness ... just in with the IV ... and a few seconds later i am waking up !
feel free to read my posts

good luck and stay brave, you can do this !:grouphug:

I have had treatment under iv sedation, it was fantastic. Just a little pick on the hand where the iv went, wasn't a bother at all and I hate needles, then I vaguely remember waffling to the dentist and the next thing I woke up, thought they couldn't do the work, and he explained it was all done already!! It felt like a few seconds, really really good. As soon as the work was finished I wasn't drowsy at all, went shopping straight away but didn't remember any of the treatment. I know its not ideal to have to undergo iv sedation for general dental work, but for me it was either that or abandon my teeth for another 10 years. :redface: I'm very happy and I underwent a root canal since then without any sedation, so it alleviated my fears a bit. Good luck!

Back