• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

IV with oral premedication

Good report

Thanks in part to some advice here, I searched hard for another Dentist. I found the right one for me I am glad to report.

I had 3 of my teeth pulled so my uppers are good to go but they do not fit, which means I have to go back to the other Dentist :( I anticipate a possible problem with this other dentist in this and will pose an ethical question to Gordon in another post.

Tonite, I received a call that kind of shocked me. Long after Biz hours, it was the new dentist asking how I was doing after my extractions!!

I have never ever experienced any kind of doctor ever calling me asking how I was doing in any way before so this was a bit of a shock to me to say the least.

This is what I was looking for, a dentist who actaully gives a poop about their patients.

So far very satisfied..

As I have said before, Dentists are certainly entitled to the money they make.

What is good to know that besides the money, some actaully care.

Good luck to all here finding the right dentist in the future!!

Scott

Scott - that's fantastic news :jump:[image] !! I'm thrilled you managed to find a caring dentist this quickly. Sounds like you're well on your way :)!

Regarding the partial, I'll drop Glenn an e-mail - he's in the US (Gordon's in Scotland), and the legal/ethical position can be different from country to country.

WELL DONE :thumbsup: !!

This question is for Glen;

Concerning the same day partials; arent they supposed to be made the same day the teeth are pulled so they are still flexible and soft from the new Mold to be made to fit on the same day?

This question is very important!!

You pointed out in the other post where I have a dispute with a dentist about covering their costs for what i think you called "same day partials"

Can same day partials be made a few days in advance of the actaul teeth pulling, and if so, how would they fit if they do not fit now?

It occurs to me that these types of partials have to be made at the same time the extractions are being made so the mold is soft enough, fresh enough to be made to fit on to the gum ridge.

Is this a correct assement Glen, or any professional dentist?

Thanks in advance;

Scott

Also, if these "same day partials were made in advance, say 3 days or more, isnt that the wrong way to approach the same day partial theory? see I cancelled 4 days in advance, and they said they already made the partials, in less than one day after i had it fit. I am wondering if they purposely made these up after i called to cancel to try to make some money on me?

There are some people, no matter what profession they are in that are crooks, and I am starting to think this was the case here.

Thanks;

Scott

I'm assuming that what you're referring to as "same day partials" are what we call "immediate partials" here in the US.
Immediate partials or dentures are made in advance and inserted (given to you) at the same appointment when you have your teeth removed.

You had impressions of your mouth taken before your teeth were removed. Models were made from those impressions. The Doc removes the teeth that are to be extracted off the model and then shapes the model to how he/she thinks your jaws will look after the teeth are removed.

The "immediate partials/dentures" are made on this model that the Doc has reshaped and recontoured.

The teeth are extracted and the "immediate partial/denture" is put right in. The advantage to this method is that the patient is never without teeth. The disadvantage is that it is uncomfortable to wear the denture over the extraction sites. The denture also will need to be relined (readapted) after the extraction sites have healed.

But to answer your question, no, the partials are not MADE on the same day. There is considerable work done in preparation for the day when the extractions are to happen.

Glenn

Thank you Doctor for yourtim to explain this to me. Much appreciated.

I also took your advice and made an offer to the dentist 1 who made the partials as you recommended, that is I offered to pay the cost of the partials.

I am sure you would agree it is not right for him to charge me full price if he is unwilling to try to make the same day partial fit.

Peace;

Scott