• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Ive always wondered the result of enviormental pressure on teeth.

Yourbigpalal83

Yourbigpalal83

I watch alot of scientific shows, and i always wondered the results of people going into extreme enviorments effects on there bodies, espically there teeth.

Now, i know that if you have some teeth issues, absesses, etc, you can really be in for a miserable trip if you take a plane, due to the air pressure.

What other things could effect your teeth. Like i always wondered if astronauts in space, have dental issues, with fillings shifting or caps and crows being effected by the lack of gravity, or even deep sea divers, like the guys who go down to explore wrecks and that. In scuba diving, or exploring deep wrecks like the titanic and that...you would think because theres so much pressure, it might damage fillings or what have you... does anyone know of anything like that?

This is way off topic for this forum, but yes, divers, astronauts and pilots can have tooth problems related to change in atmospheric pressure etc.

Back