• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I've just had top immediate dentures put in scared to take them out!!!

B

Brittanychick

yesterday i had top teeth extracted and immediate dentures put in i'm terrified of taking these teeth out (and seeing a gummmy person looking back at me) the dentist who's french spoke a little english never showed me how to take the teeth out and care for them, i'm still bleeding this morning so i really don't know if i should try and overcome my fear take these teeth out this morning and clean them and swill mouth out and then put them back. I really don't know what to do!!!! :(
so any advice would be greatly appreciated
sandy x

Hi Sandy,

It might be best to leave it another 24 hours if it is still oozing slightly.

Just jiggle them slightly from side to side while applying downward pressure should allow them to pop out. Don't worry about what it looks like now. I remember a professor of oral surgery advising us not to see your patient for two weeks after oral surgery as it can look a bit scary but always look much better after a fortnight!

The real you is the one with the dentures, in the same way that the real you is the one with the clothes on, make-up on and hair brushed.

Hope this helps

Lincoln

Thank you Lincoln you made me cry with your last statement....it was so nice!!!!
I'll leave it for a bit longer then I'll do as you and David suggested
Thank you so much for being here it means a great deal
Sandy x

Thank you I've managed to do it but anyone would think that the dentures were going to jump out and bite me, i was so hesitant at first....well i still am but i'm sure that will get better.
I'm finding the dentures rubbing where i had injections is there anything i can do to stop this
thanks Sandy x

Youmust go back for adjustments as some spots will be too tight and rub you raw.

Thanks comfort dentist. I'm going back on the 6th of July, just another question when they do adjustments do they make adjustments to the dentures and the gums
sandy x

Thanks comfort dentist. I'm going back on the 6th of July, just another question when they do adjustments do they make adjustments to the dentures and the gums
sandy x

Just the denture I feel sure.

Back