• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Jaw bone hurts :(

N

nikki06

I'll try and keep this to the point!

I have a hole on my lower left tooth, I tried pointing this out to my Dentist about a year ago, she said she couldnt see anything, that it just looked a little decayed at best, but nothing was showing on X-Ray.. I also tried explaining that I can feel the hole with my tongue, still she said she couldnt see anything, but would fill it a bit if it made me feel better.. that was sort of a half hearted attempt as it didnt fill the hole at all, and so the filling stuff just dropped off.
Last week, maybe the week before that tooth was throbbing and I had one or two shooting pains, luckily it went away the next day, but it still aches a bit now and throbs on occasion (yep, Im sure its another abcsess to add with all the other manky teeth Ive got!).

Yesterday I went to rest my head on my hand and I noticed a pain in my jaw, I prodded a bit more (as you do!) and sure enough my jaw does hurt about 1 or 2 fingers width from the very back (Im trying my best to explain, sorry!)..
My Wisdom tooth isnt fully through, theres about 1 corner left to come through/be visible, but thats been v slow progress as my wisdom's been coming through for many years (5 or 6 maybe), so Im supecting its the tooth thats got the hole on it (its like a slither of a hole right next to the gumline on one half of the tooth)

Im just wondering what that pain can be. Ive googled it (wishing I hadnt!) and its come back with Jaw infections and they seem pretty bad and a load of hassle and pain to treat.. Im suspecting someone will tell me thats a possibility!?

Ive not been to the dentist for about 6 months, that time I went back to Notts to see my old Dentist, after having moved 30miles to a new house, she was leaving in Jan, and I dont yet have a dentist where I live now.. due to anxiety/panic attacks/agoraphobia and the fear of a new dentist after having a very bad one (before thelast).

I should add Ive not knocked my jaw etc, or work done...

Am hoping its not horrible news!?

Last edited:
Could be lots of things, but without seeing it's impossible to tell. Time to find another dentist?

Back