• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Jaw,face, and neck pains after fillings

G

graciemac

On the 2nd August I went to my dentist and had 4 fillings, one in each corner. All was good except for the one on the top left. It became very sensitive and painful. I went back to the dentist a week later and she told me its normal and to wait abit longer until I go back again. It was that bad I tried a temperary filling kit which seemed to help. My upper and lower teeth on the left side are sensitive to bite, and hot and cold sensitive. For a couple of days my gums had swollen but my cheek always feels swollen and get pains in my face, jaw and neck. Pain killers just dont seen to be helping.

Is this normal??

Hey
No, it is not normal.
It is possible to have post operative pain/sensitivity but that should becme better with the time, where is what you descibe is pain that gets worse over the course of time.
I suggest you go back to your dentist.

Back