• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Jaw pain

G

Gfan

I know I have a ton of issues going on in my mouth and need to get in to be seen sooner rather than later, but does anyone have any recommendations for otc meds I could take for really bad jaw pain? I got muscle relaxers from a dentist a couple years ago and they worked wonders, but I can't get in to my new dentist until late next week and I'm hoping someone has some other advice for me. I've tried ibuprofen, Tylenol, naproxen, warm packs etc. I just need some relief 😐

G

geos

I’m not a medical professional, but for me what works and what was recommended for me for my jaw issues is Robax Platinum, or the generic equivalent, and follow the instructions on the package. Also, if the pain is bad, ice would help more than heat.