• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Jaws are painful although teeth are fixed

Lioness

Lioness

Hello, everyone! :)
Well… My good news is that 1[SUP]st[/SUP] August 2018 I’ve had my two outstanding teeth fixed so now my mouth is put in order and – as my Dentist said – I “could come back in a half of a year’s time… or… before Christmas…”

So, everything is in a way OK now but… brushing of the two right quadrants of my jaws became painful and bloody for the time being… As you may know from my previous posts I’ve never been a fan of this activity… :naughty: But it became a special torment now… :(
I don’t know – maybe it’s because one of the teeth was decayed close to the neck…
I hope it will pass soon… I have a plan to brush twice a day, not only once, at least for some time… ;) And I even rinse with sage tea… :)

Any more advice?

Stick at it with the toothbrush, don't let a little bit of bleeding put you off, it's a sign that you've not brushed well enough before.

It might be a little bit of dentine sensitivity too, so you could try massaging in some sensitive tooth toothpaste after brushing and see how that helps.

Er… I wouldn’t like to cavil, really… But these spots in my mouth were neither sore nor bleeding before fixing the teeth and I brushed them–I dare to say–quite well but once a day…
Of course, I don’t want to say that drilling and filling of cavities is harmful…

For the time being I switched over from soft to extra soft toothbrush with ultra thin bristles… The result is that they’re still sore (as if they didn’t like brushing much ;)) but at least not bloody… As for me, I like this extra delicate cleaning a lot more than normal, soft one… It’s a lot more palatable. :)

What’s more, I’ve been trying to brush again right up twice a day… I’ve used sensitive toothpaste a few times (even Sensodyne once although I really hate its burning taste) and a mouthwash… I think it’s not bad as for a non-lover of too much of dental hygiene, isn’t it? ;)

Last but not least, thanks for your reply, Gordon… :)

Back