• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Jeremy's Dental Journal - comments are welcome!

J

JerBear

Thanks for visiting my journal. This is my first entry and hopefuly not my last. I am writing because I am in the process of overcoming my dental phobia. I have a severe needle phobia. I have been neglecting my teeth for a few years now and I found out a few days ago that I am going to have to get dentures at the age of 23. I am really really depressed. I am in the process right now of trying to desensitise myself with the dentist by just getting some basic stuff done. For instance, last Friday they did a dental cleaning. I think they are going to do the same thing on my next dental appointment in the morning. I have been getting really nervous before the appointments ( like about a day or so before). That evening I really cant sleep well or at all. They have been giving me Helcion before and it really isn't that effective for me. I think I really do need something alot stronger. Well, I will quit writing for now and will update tomorrow! Have a good day!

Re: Jeremy's Dental Journal - comments are welcome

:welcome:

good luck with your next appt. i'm guessing that if they are cleanig your teeth you are going to be keeping some of them. I just had my first cleaning in 20+ years. And i'm having 11 theeth excated in the next week or so. i'm going to an oral surgeon for that. As for the dnetures lot of people have them. they are so good now days that you can't really tell they are dentures. I'm going with implants and bridges that are fixed. I just don't think I could deal with the peice on the roof of my mouth. You might want to ask your dentist if this might be an option for you. They can do amazing thing today.

Back