• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Journey through dental phobia to a new smile

Looks beautiful:jump:

I would say you are allowed to post your face but it might be a good idea not to do it because the forum is publicly available and it's good to protect your privacy.

How do you feel? How is the recovery going? :)

Thank you! I can't quite believe that I finally am at the end of my bridge journey! I like the way the technician gave me a natural smile, the same shade and shape as my natural teeth. Yes, I thought it better to err on the side of caution with my photo, thanks for the info?.
I'm doing fine thanks, similar to last time as far as being very tired and a little bit spaced out even now, (this afternoon I had to have a 2 hour nap) but no nausea this time. I know my dentist used a little less medication on me this time around because he knows I'm not frightened when I am aware of bits and pieces of the procedure, I don't remember much at all, less than the first time actually, but I was told that I was trying to talk more and was gesturing with my hands and moving around so they gave me more meds at that point haha! I think after sedation it's important to listen to your body and to be patient. I'm not the sort of person who likes to rest or stay still for a long period so i think I've tried to ignore the fatigue my body has been feeling. Also, I never take any medication in my daily life so my body is probably more sensitive to the side effects of it.
Still, I made it and I'm very grateful for the option of IV sedation ?

but I was told that I was trying to talk more and was gesturing with my hands and moving around so they gave me more meds at that point haha!

Lol! A patient trying to talk, moving around and gesturing during a procedure.. sounds like every dentist's nightmare :giggle:

Lol! A patient trying to talk, moving around and gesturing during a procedure.. sounds like every dentist's nightmare :giggle:

Oh, you would think so but he and the assistants actually found it hilarious as I'm usually so outwardly calm and compliant during all my appointments, even when I'm anxious! I really like and appreciate how I'm made to feel special and as part of the team during my appointments, they're just brilliant.
Feeling back to normal now, loving my smile and looking forward to getting the other part of my treatment plan completed. We went to the theatre last night and I really enjoyed getting out of the house and not feeling sleepy as I have been since the appointment. It feels SO good to have this weight off my shoulders, I'm so relieved and happy with my results ?

What's the other part of your treatment? Oh nice what did you go see? Just being nosey I like going to the theatre to. :)

What's the other part of your treatment? Oh nice what did you go see? Just being nosey I like going to the theatre to. :)

Hi Tazey!

I have to have 2 implants and 2 crowns in phase 2. The teeth he wants to crown are heavily filled from years ago and could break anytime apparently. And then there are 2 root canaled teeth that have broken and they need to be extracted before they cause issues. I have a tiny spot of decay on one tooth too but he is just watching that for now as it's too tiny to drill and fill.
The play was 'Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike' it was a good production and funny ? I'm glad you like the theatre, It's one of the things I miss most about the UK. Hope your enjoying tour weekend ?

Not heard of that one before,not been for ages can't really remember what I last saw whenever I make plans they always get cancelled. :-\

Not heard of that one before,not been for ages can't really remember what I last saw whenever I make plans they always get cancelled. :-\

Oh that's a shame, you should just go along on your own so you are not having to rely on anyone else ?. We went to the West End last year, that was amazing!

20180408_082146.jpg

This is a frontal view, just to give you a better idea of how it looks ?

Yeah just not feeling up to going anywhere right now :-\ but love the west end (we get most shows down here too). Do you come back over here often?

Yeah just not feeling up to going anywhere right now :-\ but love the west end (we get most shows down here too). Do you come back over here often?

I come back every year, this summer I will be over for our son's wedding-so excited about that?! And usually the family comes over at Christmas so it makes it a bit easier. Yes, I love that you can still catch the big shows in all the major cities in the UK.

You have such a lovely smile. Your teeth look great.

Hey, everything you went through was worth it. Now you just have to keep up the good habits, daily.

Bravo!

You have such a lovely smile. Your teeth look great.

Hey, everything you went through was worth it. Now you just have to keep up the good habits, daily.

Bravo!

Thank you so much! It has been worth it, though I hope I don't ever have to go through so much treatment again. Who knew when i suffered trauma to my front teeth age 14 that i would still have to deal with the fallout all these years later?!
I have some failed root canals that I've chosen to have extracted and implants placed and 2 crowns for some heavily filled teeth that my dentist feels might break in the future, as I've wrote about above.
I dont have the most naturally strong teeth to start with, but I've always brushed and flossed them and done my best to get dental work done, and I haven't needed dental work for years until this past 7 months. That's all anyone can do, right? How's everything going with you? I must check on your journal to see if I've missed anything?
Thanks again for your kind words, it's lovely to get some positive feedback ?

Back