Just for fun - what kind of creature is the DFC logo?!

What kind of creature do you think the DFC logo (at the top left of the page) is?

• Dragon

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Dinosaur

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Crocodile

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Other (please share!)

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
Pianimo

Pianimo

Super Moderator
Staff member
One of life's great mysteries o_O ...what is that green creature sitting at the top of the page?! :hmm:

I've never quite been able decide for myself, so I thought I'd see what the rest of you think! Over to you! :D

carole

carole

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have always called it a dragon, this could get really good.

carole

carole

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did that first, don't worry if there is something to vote on I'm straight in there. :p

Pianimo

Pianimo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ah, that my impatience showing...when I posted your vote hadn't come through, but I can see it now! :rolleyes: Sorry! :innocent:

carole

carole

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thats okay, you never know with me, anything can happen. I did it again just to be sure and it did tell me I had voted. :cool:

J

Jaylah

I'd always assumed it was a dragon.

But now that I see the poll options, I can sort of understand why it might look like a dinosaur. However I think dragons have yellow tummies. Don't know of any dinosaurs with that coloration.

And crocodile's front legs aren't that short.

Pianimo

Pianimo

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd always assumed it was a dragon.

But now that I see the poll options, I can sort of understand why it might look like a dinosaur. However I think dragons have yellow tummies. Don't know of any dinosaurs with that coloration.

And crocodile's front legs aren't that short.
Wow, you've put a lot of thought into this! lol I'd never considered the yellow tummy thing.... :hmm:

As for the legs, I'd never noticed them before, but now I've looked, I don't think anything's front legs are that short! :rolleyes: :p

Pianimo

Pianimo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually, now you've mentioned it, I think it was the proportion of legs/body etc that first tilted me towards thinking it may be a dinosaur...hmmm...:hmm:

carole

carole

Super Moderator
Staff member
I might change my mind now I see what you mean, I did think when I saw the options the same as you but I thought I always thought dragon so I'm sticking with that. But it does look like your little t-rex.

Pianimo

Pianimo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just had a thought: if it's a dragon, where are the wings?? :dunno:

J

Jaylah

Just had a thought: if it's a dragon, where are the wings?? :dunno:
Excellent point!

It must be a T-Rex.

Which, actually, would probably make more sense, anyway. Given that one of the most noticable things about T-Rex was it's enormous, and many teeth.

carole

carole

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh dear you will have to start the poll again it is a T-REX, no doubt. :giggle:

Pianimo

Pianimo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would you look at us, solving one of life's greatest mysteries on our own! :cool: :giggle:

I'll wait and see though...someone else may yet disagree!

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
I always thought it was a dragon... maybe the wings are folded over behind its back so we can't see them :confused:

Though I recently got a complaint e-mail asking what a spooky crocodile is doing on a dental phobia website (well, I'd love to say that it was a well-thought-out and very clever symbolic representation of something or other, but the easy answer is it was included in the logo maker :p)

Carys

Carys

It s T REX, obviously, Geeeee you people ! I've ALWAYS thought it was a T REX a) because I am clever :p b) because T REX was renowned for his teeth, being a massive predator and carnivore c) I thought letconnect had deliberately chosen T REX due to his well known set of gnashers - but clearly that wasn't the case :ROFLMAO:

Carys

Carys

Though I recently got a complaint e-mail asking what a spooky crocodile is doing on a dental phobia website (well, I'd love to say that it was a well-thought-out and very clever symbolic representation of something or other, but the easy answer is it was included in the logo maker :p)

Oh My goodness.......this is HILARIOUS !!!!!!!!!

carole

carole

Super Moderator
Staff member
How funny, the simple answer to this is, show it to a child and they will give the answer, I don't think any of us has a clue, we are all guessing. ;)