• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Just got wisdom teeth out bleeding question and guaze

J

Jimothyjamz

I just got my two bottom wisdom teeth out about 3 hours ago and I'm concerned about the blood clot forming. I had the guaze on for avout 45 minutes then I replaced it and kept that on for another 45 minutes and took that out and neither of the guaze were completely soaked in blood so I figured I was done bleeding for the most part and didn't need to keep using the guaze. Now about an hour after taking all the gauze out and I am having slightly more blood mixed in with the spit and I don't know if i should add more gauze and bite down or just let it be. I'm really afraid of dry socket and disturbing the clot and I have no idea how much blood is too much blood or what I should do. Is it bad to just leave it be and let it bleed some? What should I Do? I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense I can clarify anything if needed

Did the doctor give you directions on cleaning the sockets right after the extractions? It’s been a while since mine were pulled, so I don’t remember what to do the first day. But it sounds like you did a good job using gauze to stop the bleeding. I would just suggest cleaning it and putting gauze on it to stop the bleeding if it persists . Sorry if I’m not being helpful, but I wish you the best! You got this!

I had my lower 2nd molar extracted a little over 2 weeks ago. I was told to use the gauze for about 2 hours, only longer if it was actively bleeding, not seeping. It seeped for about 24 hours, which they told me was normal. Do NOT clean or rinse the site for at least 48 hours, which is what my oral surgeon said for lower extractions. Leave it be and don't worry unless you have a lot of blood. I tasted blood for 24 to 30 hours, and mine healed well.

I had my lower 2nd molar extracted a little over 2 weeks ago. I was told to use the gauze for about 2 hours, only longer if it was actively bleeding, not seeping. It seeped for about 24 hours, which they told me was normal. Do NOT clean or rinse the site for at least 48 hours, which is what my oral surgeon said for lower extractions. Leave it be and don't worry unless you have a lot of blood. I tasted blood for 24 to 30 hours, and mine healed well.

It's technically day 3 now since the extraction and I started rinsing after 24 hours because that's what I was told lol so I already messed that up. I'm doing okay though right now I'm still worried about getting a dry socket though. Hopefully everything will go well. Where are you at in your healing at 2 weeks? Feeling alright?

Did the doctor give you directions on cleaning the sockets right after the extractions? It’s been a while since mine were pulled, so I don’t remember what to do the first day. But it sounds like you did a good job using gauze to stop the bleeding. I would just suggest cleaning it and putting gauze on it to stop the bleeding if it persists . Sorry if I’m not being helpful, but I wish you the best! You got this!
Thank you for responding! I'm doing okay right now. It could change any day just depending on the clot but hopefully everything will be okay and I'll heal well.

It's technically day 3 now since the extraction and I started rinsing after 24 hours because that's what I was told lol so I already messed that up. I'm doing okay though right now I'm still worried about getting a dry socket though. Hopefully everything will go well. Where are you at in your healing at 2 weeks? Feeling alright?

If you are not having pain at this point, you are probably fine with dry socket. I had dry socket when I had my wisdom teeth out (all 4), just on the lower ones. It hit on the 2nd day. Just don't rinse vigorously for at least a week.

My extraction site is healing well. Most of the time it doesn't hurt. Food is getting stuck, which is annoying and it still aches a little now and then. I will be glad when the hole closes up!

Back